A welcoming and inclusive space for spiritual growth through the Prophetic tradition in service to the community.
In 2008, a group of dedicated women came together to discuss the absence and need for a welcoming, safe space in the Muslim community that is free of judgement, discrimination and ethnic divide. They visualised a place where the spirit is nourished, minds are challenged, and where a diverse community can come together inspired with the values of social consciousness and compassion. Thus, Benevolence Australia was established.
Benevolence Australia is a non-for-profit community organisation dedicated to serving the community through the teachings exemplified and inspired by the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). These teachings embody ethical living and social consciousness, with an emphasis on respect, love and mercy to all.
Benevolence aims to create the space, knowledge and support for spiritual growth and development to those seeking the path of consciousness and connection to The Divine. Benevolence was established to meet the needs of all segments of the Australian community including education, government and industry:
- Converts to Islam: Those who have embraced the faith and seek advice and support both spiritually and practically;
- Reconnecting Muslims: Those born into the faith who have a new-found desire to learn and practice; and,
- The wider community: Those who are interested in learning about the religion of Islam and its significance in today's world.
Our philosophy is set in the Islamic tradition, where the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) are exemplified, and where spiritual growth is at the bedrock of all that we do.
Benevolence's vision of "Seeking The Creator Through Conscious Living" extends to every initiative and project on which we embark. This translates itself into a clear focus on wholesome living, ethical choices and respect to all that surrounds us: principles which are based on the guidance and character of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Benevolence offers Community and Educational Programs to foster social harmony, cohesion and connectedness. These initiatives include:
- A Saturday Islamic school to provide a place for young Muslims to learn about their faith in a caring, fun and interactive environment
- Community events which bring together all members of the Muslim and wider community
- Convert Support services for new Muslims (converts) and Muslims reconnecting with their faith
- Educational courses and workshops for spiritual growth and human development
- Public Outreach workshops for organisations to break down barriers and challenging common stereotypes held about Muslims for organisations, as well as the general public
- Schools Programs on understanding Islam which support the National curriculum
- Weekly class for men and women aimed at nourishing the soul, challenging the intellect, and awakening the heart.
Benevolence not only creates the metaphorical space that embodies mercy to all, but also the physical third space - a semi-sacred space neither specifically designated for worship, nor a public arena that has no protocol of actions or speech.
Set in the beautiful garden surrounds of Doncaster East, BeneHouse was established in 2013, and carries the welcoming warmth of one's home and the spiritual feel of being wrapped up in Divine Love.
If you too are a person who longs for a compassionate, merciful and welcoming community, one who is prepared to traverse the path of conscious living and seek the Divine, then Benevolence Australia is the place for you.