Did you know? Allah spoke to humanity in the sacred month of Ramadan throughout the ages; all holy books were revealed in this blessed month. We take this lightly because we don't understand the weight of the month we are about to enter. The reason it is weighty is because of the Qur'an. The most difficult revelations on the Prophet SAW's soul was when it was directly revealed to his heart - straight from Allah to the Prophet. Similarly, the Qur'an is a direct communication from Allah to us.
Ramadan is a spiritual intensive, use it to help you aspire to a better self - and achieve it. How?
• Set yourself a goal: what do you want to get out of this month? Whatever you intend, Allah will give you. If you set no intentions, you get nothing. Aim high, Allah's generosity is vast, and He is capable of granting openings beyond our ken.
• Break one habit: whether it be refraining from backbiting or not praying your salat, Ramadan is an ideal time to break a negative habit, when the shayateen are locked away and your good deeds are elevated.
• Create one habit: take up something new - and let it be a connection with the Qur'an. Whether it be reading it or listening to it, establish the the Qur'an in your day-to-day:
- Surah Yasin as the heart of the Qur'an after Fajr
- al-Waqia after Maghrib to ward off poverty
- al-Mulk after Isha as it will intercede for you in the grave, and
- al-Kahf every Friday which emanates a light from you to the Ka'aba.
And all success is from Allah.