Be part of the next chapter of Benevolence and join our group of amazing individuals that make up the Bene team! It’s not just a place of work for us… it’s our place of purpose and belonging.
Be part of a small, friendly team with a great collaborative culture
Work-life balance and mix of office-based and remote work
Part-time role – 12 hours per week
We are a small-sized, faith based community organisation and are seeking a Finance Officer to join our welcoming and enthusiastic team.
12 hours per week
$35/hour (plus Super)
Benevolence Australia is a non-profit, faith-based community organisation dedicated to serving the Muslim and broader Australian community. We do this by nurturing spiritual growth, building a sense of identity, and creating meaningful dialogue towards a truer understanding of Islam.
As the Finance Officer for our small organisation, you have a unique opportunity to build experience across a broad range of areas, as described below.
We practice flexible, hybrid work, with the team attending our office in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs at least one day a week. The remaining days can be worked remotely from home.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Finance Officer is responsible for delivering accurate, timely and compliant financial bookkeeping, reporting and systems for the organisation. Key responsibilities include:
• Accounts payable and receivables
• Prepare and lodge BAS statements
• Bank & GL reconciliation
• Monthly payroll function for a small team of employees
• Maintaining records of leave and other employee entitlements
• Providing input to the preparation of annual budgets
• Completing month-end tasks and reporting
• Managing all third party payment gateways (including Stripe, Paypal, Web Orders)
• Maintaining direct debit payment system
• Providing timely financial information to management as required, and
• General filing and administration duties.
• Practical knowledge of accounting concepts and regulations, demonstrated experience in the field
• Sound and demonstrated understanding of budgeting, reporting and finance management systems
• Excellent analytical ability with good attention to detail
• Experience in accrual accounting and financial management systems
• Advanced skills in using Xero including multiple tag tracking and cross reporting
• Experience in using Xero budgeting, asset register, and leave management modules
• Proficient in online applications (e.g. BAS lodgement, online superannuation)
• Thorough experience in Microsoft applications in particular Excel and Word
• Excellent communication and time management skills;
• A high level of initiative and ability to work without supervision;